What is Sinus Lifting?
We call the process of removing sagging sinus cavities as sinus lifting. We call the spaces right next to our molars maxillary sinuses. The maxillary sinus is located in the sinus region above the upper jaw. The task of the cavities in the area close to our molars is to reduce the weight of the head. It also makes the formation of the sound lighter.
The sinus cavities tend to shift downward in some cases. As a result, significant losses in bone volume occur. Although these losses are seen as a natural process at first glance, they constitute a significant obstacle in the implant treatment process. Sinus lifting is accomplished by filling the sagging sinus cavities. Implant treatment can be started again in the edentulous areas. As a result of a series of operations, sufficient space is opened for the length and width of the implant. We use general and local anesthesia methods during the operation.
If you want to get clearer information about the operation, you can make an appointment with our specialist doctor as soon as possible.
How is Sinus Lifting done?
Sinus lifting operation is also called sinus heightening. The application is usually performed under local anesthesia. It covers surgical interventions performed in standard dentist chairs. At the beginning of the operation, the sinus area is lifted at the desired level. With a small window opened through the mouth, this area becomes easy to reach.
A desired level of elevation is achieved in the sinus membrane covering the inside of the sinus. Then, bone powder and grafting are applied to the resulting cavity. After the suturing process is completed, the closing procedures for the region are started.
Most of the sinuses are located close to the teeth. In this respect, it is necessary to be more careful and to protect the tooth structure.
In Which Situations Are Sinus Lifting Techniques Not Done?
As with any surgical intervention, there are some side effects and risks in this procedure. It would be best to decide on this operation after consulting your specialist doctor. These techniques are not applied to people who have the following conditions:
- When radiotherapy is applied to the area where the maxilla is located,
- When sepsis is a problem,
- In systemic diseases that are too advanced to be controlled,
- Excessive use of tobacco and alcohol,
- In excessive substance consumption,
- In individuals with psychological problems,
- If there are sinus infections in the maxilla,
- If pathological lesions are encountered,
- If you have symptoms of chronic sinusitis,
- If there is a possibility of alveolar scarring due to the previous operation,
- If there are odontogenic infections,
- If there is severe allergic rhinitis, the procedure is not applied.
If these conditions are detected before the operation, the elimination of these problems becomes a priority. Afterwards, it is possible to reconsider this procedure for suitable patients. Otherwise, the operation cannot be performed.
How Long Should I Wait Between Sinus Lifting and Implant?
How long to wait between implant and sinus lifting varies depending on the general condition of the patient. Usually, after 6 months, the patient is ready to perform a new operation. It is seen that he did not have the necessary qualifications to perform the operation 6 months ago. The more successful the sinus lift operation is, the sooner it is possible to perform the implant operation. Bone tissue is examined at regular intervals. When the bone structure reaches sufficient fullness, the patient is ready for the operation. Afterwards, necessary examinations are made and the patient is prepared for the procedure.
Open Sinus Lifting Operation
Open sinus lift surgery is generally preferred in patients whose bone volume does not exceed 6 mm. Due to the low bone volume, this operation is the most suitable procedure for such patients. After the open sinus lift operation, implant application can be made in a short time. This situation is closely related to how successful the surgery is.
Success in open sinus lift surgery depends on the patient’s condition. This operation is not suitable for every patient. Successful completion of the sinus lift operation allows patients to improve their quality of life in a short time.
Closed Sinus Lifting Operation
If the bone volume of the patients is 6 mm or more, then closed sinus lift operation is preferred. The level of success in sinus lifting operation varies depending on the general condition of the patient. Less bone grafts are needed in this operation. In this respect, the waiting time is reduced accordingly. Implant treatment can be started immediately after closed sinus lift surgery. This happens if the patient does not experience any complications.
As a result of the successful execution of the operation, the problem in the sinus cavities of the people is also eliminated.
Sinus Lifting (Sinus Lifting) What should I pay attention to?
After a successful sinus lifting operation, you should pay attention to the following points:
- Sinus lift operations are the first step towards healthy implant treatments. In order to prevent bleeding after the sinus lift operation, it is necessary to bite the saline tampon for 20 minutes.
- During this period, special care should be taken not to open the seams.
- For 24 hours after the operation, food should be eaten from the non-surgical side. In this way, less pressure is applied to the operated area.
- You should not eat or drink anything for 2 hours after the operation.
- After the operation, you should avoid pressure nose cleaning.
- You should sneeze with your mouth open.
- You should stay away from tobacco and alcohol for 24 hours after the operation.
- It is quite normal to have bleeding within 48 hours after the operation. During this time, you may feel the taste of blood in your mouth.
- You should follow your doctor’s recommendations. After the operation, you should use the drugs given to you completely.
- In case of any side effects, you should first consult your doctor.
You can get more precise information about pre- and post-operation by contacting us.
Sinus Lifting (Sinus Lifting) How Long After Implants Can Be Made?
After the operation, the existing bone height should not be over 10 mm. Bone sizes below this are not approved for operation. In order to get healthier results in sinus lift operations, you should pay special attention to what you will do before and after. In order to place the implants, it is necessary to wait for the existing bone powders to turn into bone. How long this period will be varies depending on the general condition of the patient. After 4 months after the operation, bone powders begin to turn into bone structure gradually.
Recovery after Sinus Lifting
There is a recovery period of 4 to 6 months after sinus lift surgery. In order to perform an implant placement operation, it is necessary to wait for the existing operation area to heal. Regular use of antibiotics after the operation makes this process faster.
Can Implant Be Made Immediately After Sinus Lifting?
Generally, implant operation can be performed after sinus lift operation. However, there are situations where it cannot be done.
Is Sinus Lifting a Harmful Procedure?
Sinus removal does not cause any harm. However, people may experience some complications as a result of incorrect application. Infection adversely affects the post-operative process.
Sinus Lifting Application Prices 2022
It is not possible to talk about a definite price in sinus lift operations. Sterilization material quality of the pricing on the effective factors is located between. You can contact us for the clearest information about sinus lifting operation.